Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Emily:
It is raining today..the most rain we have seen since we've been here. We had a great thunderstorm in the night. I only woke up once from the thunder thanks to our very old and very loud airconditioner next to our bed...it all kindof sounds the same.
We went on the senior retreat this weekend. It was a great getaway, and was fun getting to know the students better. One kid, who I hear is always doing wacky and crazy things, took my challenge of eating a spoonful of melted butter and chopped garlic. I instantly felt sick and was sure that he had an allergy to garlic that had somehow gone undetected his whole life. I spent the next half an hour worried he would suddenly die and it would be on my hands, the new girl, and we would have to leave Bolivia because of the resentment of the rest of the students and his parents. Oh, the drama in my mind. He was fine. And definitely not allergic to garlic. He swallowed it and continued on with his good time. Aaaaaaahhh.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Anastacia said...

:) thanks for the laugh emily.

love the pictures you guys post too!
miss you.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Emily and Chad! You are so funny. I love reading your blog. It makes me want to be there laughing with you instead of at my computer. I hope all is well with you and I would love to know how I can be specifically praying for you both. I love you guys. Jamie

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger dsm4gsus said...

So, that kid sounds a lot like Scott Sery. Hope you guys are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home