Saturday, August 12, 2006


Emily: Oh the wind! I hear there are two seasons here. Summer and windy. For this reason, even though I swept our apartment today, I can pretty much be sure I will be sweeping again tomorrow. Not that we don't have doors. We have lovely doors. Quite lovely. Dark wood. With locks. It's just that small space at the bottom between the door and the floor...even though they have those "sealer" attachment thingies made of rubber or plastic or whatever (does anyone know what I'm talking about?), the dust finds a way...it will always find a way....

We found a large spider in Chad's classroom the other day. Hence the photo. Chad wanted to step on it, but I decided to find out if there is a standard procedure of removal. The procedure is to step on it. To me, that was like stepping on a small mouse. It gave me a very gross and crawly feeling to think about it. And it would be gooey. Chad decided to capture it and put it outside. We did snap a couple of pictures, though. Chad had to be the one to get the close ones...I was certain it was going to attack me.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely arachnid... but smaller than the one in your dining room at Kapawi eh?

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Anastacia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Anastacia said...

Yikes! I hate spiders!
I'm with you chad - step on 'em!

And emily i hope for your sake the wind dies down :)

Guess who's going to Billings at the end of this month! Dang nabit. If only it would have been a month ago i could have seen you guys before you left. :(
Miss you both,
staci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home