Sunday, August 27, 2006



Chad: Well, we got our driver's licenses now. I pretty much love driving here. First of all I am no longer driving a '88 Honda Accord. Here in Bolivia we need four wheel drive vehicles so we get this sweet Ford Ranger. It's awesome! Secondly, I absolutely get the driving here. It is organized chaos, but it makes sense to me. Here using your horn is paramount. For instance, I can abruptly cut someone off as long as I quickly honk my horn once or twice before I make my maneuver. One must also be decisive with driving. No half-hearted attempts. If you switch lanes or make a turn, do so with authority. Finally one must learn to be relaxed and go with the flow. If someone veers toward your car just honk and let them know that you are there. Don't panic. My final piece of advice is take all this with something of a grain of salt because this plethora of knowledge and experience comes on my second day of driving.

3 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Sweet! Bet you can't wait 'til you have to come back to the US and unlearn all of your organized chaos driving??? Really, who says you can't pass on the shoulder?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Gina said...

oh my gosh that is so funny! i would be so nervous. we're off to china today!! im nervous for that too. Im always nervous that our bags are over the weight limit. :) Stay safe with that driving EED!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I love you guys. It is so neat to hear your blogs and how you are doing. Emily...don't be sad...ONIONS ALWAYS MAKE ME CRY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home