Sunday, September 14, 2008

Man, I need to have our camera handy.

The funniest thing happened the other day during kindergarten recess. I was watching the kids, and they were, you know, running and screaming, playing monster, swinging, chasing each other, screaming, all the things little kids do. Then something caught my eye. Out in the field sat two of my students, Joaquin and Andres, MEDITATING. Sitting cross-legged with their hands resting on their knees and their fingers in meditiation position. I smiled out loud if that's possible...I watched them for a few minutes and decided to make my way out there and ask them what they were doing. They said they knew someone that does it..i asked who and they told me one of the first graders. Then Joaquin said in his broken english , "yeah, and in chinese they do." So I told them that a good thing to do while meditating is to pray because you are being quiet and still...they just nodded and smiled, so I left them to it, and they resituated themselves and started it up again. Andres sat there the rest of recess time...so cute. Where did they get that??:)

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Anastacia said...

How cute! fun stuff. I can see why you wanted your camera :)
miss you emily!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home