Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This one is for Gina
I have a friend who lives far away,
china to be exact.
Just today i heard from her,
and she asked me with friendly tact:

"Why don't you ever update your blog?"
(She is a master at blogging, you see)
I don't know how, but in between everything else,
she has time to inspire me.

Inspire you how? you may want to know.
oh man, where do i start?
she has mommying and wifing and gro-cer-y shopping
down to a very fine art.

So now, although it has been so long,
I will post this blog today.
In honor of Gina, who, though its been ages,
remains my friend....Hoooray!

Cheezy? oh well. It just comes out.
It comes from my mother, you see.
SHE is the reason I make silly sweet rhymes.
She's done it since before I was three.

So now, I guess this poem of mine
has become a tribute to two.
my mom, to whom I give far away hugs
and my friend, who I wish you all knew.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well finally, someone inspired you Em. :-))

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Gina said...

EED!

i love it! you are so funny!! thanks for the blog post :) who knew i would be THAT inspiring? HAHA.

Miss you!
Gina

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, Em, I missed your rhyming! Thanks.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Hey, Emily and Chad! How are you guys? Hope life in Santa Cruz is going well. Are you living in Barrio California still? Miss you guys!

-Jared

Great poem, by the way. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home