Sunday, September 09, 2007




Chad: Well here's my 5th grade class. They are a crazy group. My 6th grade is awesome because they already know how I run my class. But . . . my 5th graders are a different story. They are nuts. Part of the challenge is that they are such a diverse group. In this class I have: one Tiawanese girl, three Korean girls, one girl born in Paraguay (Paraguayan?), a Japanese boy, a Dutch boy, one Panamanian boy, two Brazilian students, one Canadian, and a couple of Americans. It is quite a group. I'll tell you a secret though. I kind of like the crazy classes. They're a challenge, and their usually filled with crazy kids. I'm not sure this is a good thing, but I like the crazy kids. I was a crazy kid. Yeah, they're fun in other words.
Well we just had our open house, and I had the kids write welcome in all their native languages. It was cool. I also got to say, "anyung ha sayoh" and "konbanwa." I have no idea how to spell that in English. The first one is Korean and the second one is Japanese. I had about four or five parents tell me my Spanish is good! That was awesome because my students always laugh at me. One final note, Emily did open house too. I have to brag a little, the parents, kids and the 5th grade teacher all love her. She's super awesome at kindergartening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home