Thursday, December 21, 2006

Emily: well...now is the time to tell you all to be expecting to see a new face in the family....
We don't have a name picked out yet, but she is so super cute, our new puppy!!! It is a big committment, but I think we are ready:) I asked Chad as we drove home from the vet, "do you realize we will have this dog when we have our first child?" (nowhere in the near future for those of you wondering). It's just nuts to me to think that this dog could be a part of our lives for the next 10-12 years!!! SO crazy. We made a good compromise, though. Chad wants basset hounds, which I am not ready to concede to yet, and I love little dogs, which chad, well, doesn't. I know that golden retrievers are not small...sometimes not even medium...but I think she will be a great dog for both of us. Any name suggestions? Here are the forerunners today: Paige, Isabelle (Izzy), Mara, and Claire.

Yesterday was the last day of school for the semester at the learning center. This morning we took a friend to the airport. There are a bunch of teachers going home for Christmas. I was a little sad and maybe a little envious, but we are going to enjoy our Christmas in Bolivia!! We can lay around in our hammock sipping cold drinks while the majority of you might be a little cold and wondering where all of the snow is. My friend Staci posted on her blog about how captivating the Christmas story really is...how God came to earth..and changed our lives...we can be captivated no matter where we are. Merry Christmas!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute! Ally votes for Mara...We also like Izzy...
What a wonderful Christmas present for you both! Where is she sleeping?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Emily said...

booyah.
(That's what I think about the puppy, not necessarily a name suggestion).
Gonna admit that I'm a little bit jealous.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger 7h0r said...

I would certainly name him The President. Only a suggestion.
Anyhow, I love the blog and I hope you two are doing great, it sure looks like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home